- Children raised in a Habitat home are twice as likely to go to college.
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to seek out additional educational opportunities.
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to read often and be very involved in their children’s education.
- More than 90% of children raised in a Habitat home anticipate going to college.
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to feel safe in their home and their neighborhood.
- Habitat homeowners feel that they have job security and like their jobs.
- More than 80% of Habitat homeowners feel confident in managing their finances.
Health & Lifestyle
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to practice healthy diet habits.
- Families are more likely to celebrate special occasions in their home.
- Parents feel that their home is large enough for their family.
*The national databases used for comparison in this study include: American Community Survey, US Census Bureau, 2008 – 2012; Current Population Survey, US Census Bureau, 2008 – 2010; Survey of Income and Program Participation, US Census Bureau, 2008 Panel Survey; Fast Response School Survey, National Center of Educational Statistics, 2009 – 2010Eligibility & Pre-Application Eligibility requirements are different for each county. Please choose from the following list to view your county’s requirements. Once you select the appropriate county, it will give you the opportunity to complete an online pre-application. Montrose County Ouray County San Miguel County If you are interested in our home ownership program, please contact us at 970-252-9303.
New Housing OpportunitiesPark Ave Triplex, Montrose Application Deadline: No Longer Accepting Applications Application fee: $25 This project features the construction of 3 townhomes in the downtown neighborhood of Montrose. Each Unit – 3 story – 1,500 sq. ft. – 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms Construction began Summer 2017.
Ridgway River Park Triplex Application Deadline: No Longer Accepting Applications Application fee: $25
Norwood: Pine Street Gardens, A Habitat For Humanity neighborhood Taking Applications Application fee: $25 – Single story – 1,092 sq. ft. – 4 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
Critical Home RepairHabitat works with and serves homeowners throughout Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel County neighborhoods to do critical home repairs so that they can continue to live in safe and affordable homes. If you are interested in our critical home repair program, please contact us at 970-252-9303. Critical Home Repair addresses health and safety concerns in several areas of the home. They include, but are not limited to:
- Unsafe roofing or flooring
- Lack of heat
- Electrical hazards
- Plumbing hazards
- Handicap ramps, grab bars
- Exterior hazards
- Have household incomes at or fall below 60% of HUD median income (Montrose, Ouray & San Miguel County Eligibility Criteria)
- Have paid their property taxes paid in full
- Are not in danger of a foreclosure on their home.
- Homeowner must own (name on title) and live in the home.