Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans provides the opportunity for low-income families to partner with us to become homeowners. Through our Home Ownership program, we sell homes to qualified families 0-3% interest rate, a $500 down payment, and a set monthly mortgage payment that does not exceed 30% of your gross monthly income. From the time a family applies to when they can move into their home, the process takes anywhere from nine months to one year for new construction.
At Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans, we know that homeownership plays a critical role in breaking the cycle of poverty. We have built over 50 homes in the region since 1991, helping families achieve the dream of homeownership.
Building More Than Houses
- Children raised in a Habitat home are twice as likely to go to college.
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to seek out additional educational opportunities.
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to read often and be very involved in their children’s education.
- More than 90% of children raised in a Habitat home anticipate going to college.
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to feel safe in their home and their neighborhood.
- Habitat homeowners feel that they have job security and like their jobs.
- More than 80% of Habitat homeowners feel confident in managing their finances.
Health & Lifestyle
- Habitat homeowners are more likely to practice healthy diet habits.
- Families are more likely to celebrate special occasions in their home.
- Parents feel that their home is large enough for their family.
*The national databases used for comparison in this study include: American Community Survey, US Census Bureau, 2008 – 2012; Current Population Survey, US Census Bureau, 2008 – 2010; Survey of Income and Program Participation, US Census Bureau, 2008 Panel Survey; Fast Response School Survey, National Center of Educational Statistics, 2009 – 2010
If you are interested in our home ownership program, please contact us at 970-252-9303.
New Housing Opportunities
Ridgway River Park Triplex
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Application fee: $25
This project features the construction of 3 townhomes in the downtown neighborhood of Ridgway.
– 2 story
– 1,500 sq. ft.
– 3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms + garage