Housing Rehabilitation Program
As of April 9, 2021 the Housing Rehabilitation Program is closed for new applications. We will update this page when the application process can reopen.
Welcome to the Housing Rehabilitation Single-Family Owner-Occupied Program. This program is for low to moderate-income homeowners in Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel Counties. The purpose of this program is to provide financial assistance for general repairs and improvements that will improve the health, safety and welfare for owner occupied homes.
The Housing Rehabilitation Single-Family Owner-Occupied Program is for homeowners who may be unable to borrow from a bank because of their lower-income level. Those who earn less than the 80% area median income may qualify. The purpose of this program is to provide technical and financial assistance for general repairs and improvements that will improve the health, safety, and welfare of owner-occupied homes. Funding is provided through the Colorado Division of Housing.
- No interest loans with no payments (100% deferred). Loan due on sale, transfer, refinance, move or death.
- Available to owner occupied homes in Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel Counties.
- Mobile and manufactured homes may be eligible (owner must also own the lot and the foundation must be permanent or home must be tied down).
- No minimum household income.
- Maximum loan amount $24,999.
- Assist homeowner in soliciting bids for project and help with project managing to final resolution.
- Assistance in the application process.
- Helps owners who may be unable to qualify for conventional bank loans.
Home Repair addresses health and safety concerns in several areas of the home. They include, but are not limited to:
- Unsafe roofing or flooring
- Lack of heat
- Electrical hazards
- Plumbing hazards
- Handicap ramps, grab bars
- Exterior hazards
The program serves homeowners throughout Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel Counties who:
- Own your home
- Mobile and manufactured homes are included (providing you own the lot, on a foundation or tied down).
- Household gross income at or below HUD low income standards of 80%
- Primary residence
- Single Family Home, Duplexes, Town Home, Condominium, Mobile home and Manufactured home on permanent foundation or properly tied down.
- Pick up application by stopping by the Habitat office at 1601 N. Townsend Ave. Montrose, Co. 81401 OR
- Email Steve@buildinglives.org for an electronic application to print and complete.
- Return the filled-out application to same location OR
- Mail application to our office at PO Box 162 Montrose, CO 81402. ATTN: Steve Bolser
- Habitat for Humanity Home Rehabilitation Program Coordinator will contact you within a few days of receiving your application.