Habitat for Humanity Careers
Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans believes in improving the lives of individuals and families in need by building and renovating basic, affordable homes while educating and advocating for housing resources in the San Juan Region. We believe every family in Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel County have the opportunity to have a home that is safe, affordable, and in good condition while fostering a pride in ownership.
We are currently looking for a Bookkeeper & Benefits Coordinator to join our team!
This position reports to our Assistant Director: James Broscheid.
Primary Duties & Core Responsibilities: The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Sales Tax Remittance
- Record retail sales daily
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Track and report time off for all personnel
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Passion for attention to detail and passion for Habitat’s mission and vision
- Must be a team player – able to encourage and cooperate with team members
- Skilled at engaging staff through oral and written communication
- Ability to adjust efficiently & effectively to changes in service or engagement expectations
- Professional demeanor with a positive, enthusiastic and a proactive “get in there” attitude
Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher. Also have ability to learn Kindful and use online resources.
- Valid driver’s license
Desired Qualifications: The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAC). Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks accounting software package.
Schedule: This is a part-time/permanent position with up to 20 hours per week. Employee is expected to attend team meetings and Habitat events. Occasional extra hours, particularly for Habitat special events will be expected.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to James Broscheid at James@buildinglives.org.