Habitat for Humanity Careers
Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans believes in improving the lives of individuals and families in need by building and renovating basic, affordable homes while educating and advocating for housing resources in the San Juan Region. We believe every family in Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel County have the opportunity to have a home that is safe, affordable, and in good condition while fostering a pride in ownership.
Procurement Team Driver Job Description
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Procurement Team Driver is an integral part of the ReStore Team. The driver completes a daily route in the Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel counties. This position handles large item donation pick-ups, and works closely with the public and with our receiving and logistics team.
- Follow and adhere to all safety standards and driving laws
- Load donated items into the truck using safe lifting procedures
- Unload donated items to the ReStore receiving areas after or before the daily route
- Reviews and plans the best route for the day’s scheduled pick-ups.
- Maintains the vehicles used for donation pick-ups. Includes washing the interior and exterior, and sweeping the cargo area.
- Maintains the organization within the truck of all tie-downs, and other safety equipment.
- Communicates any maintenance issue with the truck(s) to the Receiving Manager, and uses our truck safety log before and after the day’s daily route.
- Responsible for all keys, locks, and GPS equipment.
- Gives 5-star customer service to all donors treating their donated items and the donor’s property with respect, and care.
- Occasional in-store shifts required which includes loading customer’s large item purchases, and unloading customer donations.
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Track donations received and distribute donation receipts
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license free of any traffic violations within the last 3 years. Candidate must provide a current driver’s report that can be obtained through the local DMV.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be 21 years or older for insurance purposes
- Ability to work in all-weather conditions including extreme heat, and cold.
- Ability to repeatedly lift at least 50lbs or more with proper lift equipment, and or, team lift procedures.
- Displays excellent customer service skills
Must have a great sense of humor, an honorable work ethic, appropriate work attire, a team mindset and a heart for our mission.
Applications can be picked up at 1601 N. Townsend -Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans ReStore or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Until filled